Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Fun Run 5k Results

Location: Bainbridge Island, WA
Official time: 33:17
Chip time: NA
Pace/mile: 10:42/mile

Overall: 292/389
Gender Place: 122:181
Age Place: 13/17

I absolutely LOVE the 4th of July, so I was pretty excited for this race (there is a 1 mile option as well). If you are unfamiliar with Bainbridge Island, the town shuts down for the fourth and has a parade and street fair during the day, then everyone goes to parties or watches the fireworks from Seattle. Of course, you have to stop by San Carlos for one a few margaritas too.

This 5k was MUCH more difficult than I expected. You start going slightly downhill, then run a few tenths of a mile going steadily uphill (this was really long, at least half a mile). There is a long decline, then followed by a hellish hill up High School Road. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting the hills! My time is proof I wasn't ready for this:


At least I can wear my shirt with pride! No worries, I had a few margs post-race. Ill be ready the next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment