Saturday, April 24, 2010

Getting nervous....

Friday, April 23: Run 4 (8:45/mile)
Saturday, April 24: day off

I'm heading back to Bainbridge now to prepare for the Bainbridge Island Half Marathon tomorrow morning. Still not feeling 100%, so I don't really know what to expect tomorrow. I do know that I will be watching what I eat tonight and NO COUGH/COLD MEDICINE TONIGHT! I learned that lesson 2 weeks ago.

Runners up Toe Jam Hill a few years ago

I don't think that I stressed enough how hilly this course is. I mean, its going to be ROUGH. The course elevation and incline is below, and parts are over 6% incline! I drove the course a few weeks ago and my car was straining on parts of it. Lets just say that there will most likely not be a PR in my future tomorrow. I want to think positive, but I need to be realistic and not set up for disappointment.

What did I get myself into??

The good news is that the race is in my hometown AND I will qualify to be a Half Fanatic!! To qualify for their lowest level, you have to do this:

NEPTUNE
1. 2 Half Marathons within a 16 day time frame.
2. 3 Half Marathons within a 90 day time frame.


So that is something to look forward to! Are any of you a Half Fanatic or Marathon Maniac? Hope everyone has a great weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. Good luck to you Sarah!! You are going to do fine...just keep the feet moving, breathing regulated and have a positive attitude:) You can do it!! I always get nervous before all of my races too...especially the tough ones with hills! Have fun and I will be waiting for your recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, Good luck tomorrow! You had a great training and all will be fine, just stay positiv :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! You are a serious runner that's awesome! Your training prepared you well you will have great success!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the race went well! Those are some serious hills.

    I met the Half Fanatic requirements last year, but didn't even know it existed! I should check out the site.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes. Hills. You'll still rock it, though. Just have fun (and, yeah, no cough medecine this time)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you did well! Those hills and inclines are just NOT nice!!!! Can't wait to hear how it went!

    Marlene, I think if you can prove you did it you can qualify after the fact...a good site to use is Athlinks.com. Enter a few nuggets of info and it will pull up all your past races! AWESOME site!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool! I hate hate hate hills! They are my nemesis. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hope your race went well (/you survived at least) and that you are feeling better!! hills + a cold, you are tough :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep checking for the report. Are you still running it(-: You're braver than I, I was thinking about running that one till I saw the elevation chart.

    ReplyDelete