Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Well, hello summer!

In true PacNW fashion, summer has finally arrived AFTER the 4th of July. Most of you who are from around Seattle know this, but for all of you who are not, we rarely, rarely get hot weather before July. Then BAM, summer arrives just in time! Literally, we might hit 95 degrees tomorrow! A week ago Monday, it was a lovely 60 degrees, and it might have dipped into the 50's during the day.  Im not kidding....

Check the time....its 10:00 PM!

I decided to finally get a good run in since the RnR half, yet the weather was not cooperating. I ran 6 miles at about a 9:30/mile pace. The heat just takes it out of me. I did pause a few times to take the follwing pictures:

Hello, Seattle!

Rat-cows on the loose....

Sunset over the Olympic Mts

Love the awesome sunset......and no, that wasn't enhanced! Ill spare you all the self portrait this time....85 degrees at night wasn't a pretty picture :) We'll see how many I can get in in tomorrow's heat! Here's hoping to more than 10 miles this week, why wont the weather cooperate?? Recaps to come...I didn't forget!

Happy hot running!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,
    I know that we are getting some pretty high temps and humidity too! It has been really hard to run in this stuff but good job on getting out there! I love the pictures...the sunset is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The heat kills me too. What I wouldn't do for 50-60 degrees right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i couldnt believe how hot it was when I landed in seattle yesterday. by the time i got to bainbridge it was already creeping towards 90*....its not even that hot in pullman :S good thing ill be sitting at the airport and out of the sun this evening

    ReplyDelete