Thursday, March 4, 2010

Dreadmills and dogs

YES! I was finally able to put in a decent treadmill run last night. I might have mentioned this before, but I usually run in my tiny gym within my building. There are exactly one treadmill, elliptical and bike for everyone to use. Its a tight, cramped little room, but it has everything I need. The only thing is that its so small that it feels crowded if there are 2 people in it :( at least its free!!

I was quite annoyed with the fact that I had to wait awhile to actually get on the treadmill, which made the anticipation for the run that much worse. Luckily I had a great 5 mile run at a 9:00/mile pace.

 
 
The guy before me said that I could change the TV channel, which I quickly tuned to the E! channel. Fortunately for me, Keeping Up with the Kardashians show was on repeat. He tried to pretend that he didn't want to watch, but I knew he really enjoyed watching it. I'm looking forward to a 5-6 mile run tonight as well. Dreadmill we might meet again......

Also, be sure to check out Dorothy's awesome Saucony shoe giveaway over at Mile Posts!

Finally, I had to mention that my dachshund puppy dog Chloe just turned 2 years old! Not running related, but I had to share :)

 Chloe my "rat-cow"

Happy running!

7 comments:

  1. I just found your blog! Good job on the treadmill run. It's sometimes hard to get the motivation to get in a good run on the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the treadmill run...5 miles is a marathon on a dreadmill (for me anyway). Love the new (blog) look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah,
    Awesome job on the mill run:) I also have to watch something on TV to keep from going crazy from boredom on the mill!! Keeping up with the Kardashians...those sisters crack me up:)

    Happy birthday to Chloe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job on the run! Nothing like some good trashy TV to help the miles tick by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dog!!! My husband always makes fun of me when I watching the Kardashians, but I love it!! Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is great to have a treadmill right in your building! I have watched that show and strangely enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice job on the tm run! i have a tendency to give up if i have to wait on a treadmill... you are stronger than i :)

    ReplyDelete