Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Product Review Time!!

Taking a break from running yesterday....still really sore from the Koko Crater hike. No sense in injuring myself a week out from the Whidbey Half! Over the weekend I took a trip to Sports Authority in Downtown Honolulu and it was awesome. I don't believe I have been to a SA before, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a wide selection of gear for running and working out. Not only was there a variety of shoes, but they also were WELL stocked in some of my favorite brands (Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Champion, etc). Even better was that SA had a ton in both Men's, Women's and Kids wear. Here are a few goodies I picked up:

Nike Pro Women's Sports Bras  ($28)

LOVE THEM!!!

No matter what your workout, whenever you're working up a sweat the Nike Pro Women's Training Bra gives you a dynamic essential with a revised body shape for outstanding support along with technical seams and fabric for maximum performance comfort. 
  • Dri-FIT fabric to wick sweat away and help keep you dry and comfortable
  • Compression fit
  • Swoosh design trademark at center chest
  • Flat seam construction to help minimize chafing
  • Fabric: Dri-FIT 85% polyester/15% spandex
  • Machine wash
  • Imported
    Im not going to lie, I havent bought a new sportsbra in over 2 years. I always buy new tops, shoes, pants, etc, but I HATE buying sports bras. The last new one I bought (and then returned) zipped up the front and left me with a scar from where the zipper rubbed a hole in my skin. Not pretty, and no, Im not showing pics :)

    Anyways, these sports bras are awesome. The fabric is easy on your skin, and the elastic around the ribcage didnt seem to irritate me while running (and sweating, ew) in the heat. I will be SURE to pick up more of these in the future. Also, the colors are really cute!


    Under Armour Women's Catalyst T ($29.99)


    The Cornerstone of the UA Green Collection: Recycled Bottles Become Performance Fabrics.
    • Performance Fabrics made from Recycled Plastic Bottles.
    • Signature HeatGear® moisture transport system keeps you cool and dry.
    • Lightweight, durable high-gauge knit fabric provides maximum comfort against the skin.
    • Raglan sleeves elminate shoulder seam abrasion points.
    • ArmourBlock™ technology prevents the growth of odor-causing microbes.
    • UPF 50+ protects against the sun's harmful rays.
    • Semi-Fitted (fits closely, contoured to the body).
    • 100% Recycled Polyester (excluding trims).
    • Imported.

      I saw this shirt on the rack and knew I would love it immediately. Not only does it have a great fit (semi-fitted in medium works for me, and isnt tight) but the fabric is my favorite Heat Gear, which keeps me cool (and I wear through the winter if it isnt too cold).

      I also learned that UA Green on the tag means that they are recycled from old plastic bottles. So not only does it fit well but you can feel good about wearing it!

      Under Armour Tech Shortsleeved T ($19.99)

      Also shown are the Nike Hero Mesh Shorts ($25) and my review here

      The Essential Under Armour T.
      • Updated style and fit, with a Feminine crossover v-neck, and longer body length.
      • UA Tech™ fabric moves moisture away from your body keeping you cool, dry, and comfortable with a soft, cotton-like feel for total comfort.
      • Raglan sleeve construction allows for total mobility and a full range of motion, while eliminating shoulder seam abrasion points.
      • Moisture Transfer System keeps you Dry and Comfortable.
      • 95% Polyester/ 5% Elastane.
      • Imported

        This UA shirt is awesome too. Unlike the Catalyst T, this shirt feels more like a cotton blend than tech fabric. The fit is awesome (loose, but I still got a medium) and super comfortable. While running it wicked away the sweat and didnt ride up. Not going to lie, I love the grey and v-neck combo! I pretty much love everything UA!!

        Off to run tonight. The heat is much more bearable if you run near sunset or early in the morning (I prefer sunset or later). Hopefully the run will have a sunset like this:

        Trust me when I say that my iPhone doesn't do it justice :) 

        Monday I ran 2 on the dreadmill, then did another 3 in the neighborhood. My time was 5 miles in 53:31 minutes, but I didn't have to stop, which was a relief.  I was HORRIBLY sore from the Koko Crater hike on Sunday, and Im limping around today. Its amazing that I was fine and not sore at all after the half marathon, yet one hour long hike will do my legs in! Ill know to stay away from stair-climbers before any of the next races :)

         Happy running :)

        6 comments:

        1. hey sarah! i've been reading your posts for awhile, but never commented. i love the look of the nike sports bras! you'll have to do a full review once you've put some miles on them. i have the same trouble keeping mine new. i'd rather buy the cute clothes that everyone will see rather than the base layer that only i know about. but those are such great colors! so fun.

          ReplyDelete
        2. I love the Under Armour tech t's and sleeveless t's. I tend to skip the gray option and go for the fun colors like lime green and purple. They are the best and so comfortable even on hot summer days. Enjoy all your new gear!

          ReplyDelete
        3. Hi Sarah,
          I think the sports bras look great!! God blessed you with a little more than me...I think that those bras would make me look like a twelve year old:) God, decided to be funny and shrink my boobs down to nothing since I started running! I am glad that they worked out for you:) I love the tech shirt! Nice work on your runs girl...keep it up!

          ReplyDelete
        4. Looks like some nice stuff!

          Great job on the run.. good to see you've been able to get out there after the tough hike.

          ReplyDelete
        5. mmm i love new running clothes. i mean, we can always justify buying more :)

          ReplyDelete
        6. love those shorts!!!!!

          ReplyDelete