Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Ahoy Runners! Cruising USA Picspam

First off....welcome new blogging buddies! I'm really excited and can't believe that there are 50 of you that read my random running rambles!! I promise to post more and hopefully keep you entertained :)



So as you might remember (since I posted a WEEK ago!) that I went on an awesome Holland America cruise through Alaska.  Here was our route:


The trip was amazing. I would recommend it to anyone....basically as soon as you are on the boat you don't have to worry about anything. Food and travel is planned for you (with many options!) so all you need to do is plan time to get to that pesky treadmill. I was usually the only one there, and managed to put in 22 miles on the boat (it was after the half, and I was getting sea-sick running on the moving treadmill!) Here are a few running related pictures before I go into the full blown cruise review picspam (You have been warned!):

Amazing and empty gym I had to myself

View from dreadmill

Notice there is nobody else there?!

One run...probably not the best idea since it was extremely rocky that day. I was holding on to the treadmill the entire time to NOT fall off. You know you're a runner when...... :)

Cooling off after a run....

The BF and I in Glacier Bay

Naturally I found the Alaskan Brewery in Juneau :) 
Alaskan White is the best!! Yep, it's a wheat beer.....

Red Dog Tavern in Juneau

Creek Street in Ketchikan

Finding the perfect gift for friends.....kidding. WTH is that? A furkini??

Yep, even finding SUN in Alaska. So what if it was 62 degrees!!

Overall it was a great week! Unfortunately I have been really busy after getting back (finding apartments is very time consuming!!) and I have barely had time to run let alone blog. I will have to find time next week after my weekend trip to Vegas this weekend. And to answer the questions now, yes, I will be bringing my shoes to the bachelorette party, and NO, it's not a party for me :) I have a feeling I might be the only one at the gym in Vegas as well.

Has anyone else been on a cruise or running while on a boat?? Hope everyone is having a great week! More blogging to come next week.....Happy running :)

Some pictures from HAL website

9 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to cruise Alaska but so far nada. I've run plenty on cruise ships though and you're right, you never have to fight for a mill! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A furkini?! Haha how weird!

    Glad you had a good trip, looks like a blast! I've always wanted to go on a cruise... someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go on a cruise!! I am soooo jealous right now! Great pictures, you make such a cute couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THe view from the ship look incredible! Glad you had such a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics!!!! Nope...never been on a cruise. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go on an Alaskan cruise! It looks like you had a blast:) Great pictures! Love the furkini...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never been on a cruise before, but my boyfriend and I are planning an Alaska cruise as well. I heard the cracking of the ice is amazing! :) I'm glad to hear you had a great time and I'm impressed you actually run on a cruise ship! I already have to be careful not to fall of the treadmill at the regular gym :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. great photos! i've never been on a cruise... not sure i could handle the motion of the ocean :) i have enough trouble with dizziness on land ya know? i have heard of a couple people talk of difficulties of running on the 'mill on the boat and it just makes me nervous. glad you had a good time and were able to get in some miles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going on a cruise this summer and plan to run while on the boat!

    ReplyDelete