Thursday, May 27, 2010

Halfway to the goal!

While entering my miles into my RunningAHEAD log, I noticed that I have logged over 500+ miles this year! Plus, as you know, it's only MAY! Woo hoo! I am officially over halfway to my goal of 1,000 miles in 2010! So exciting!


Aside from that, I have been keeping up my miles during this busy week. My last few workouts are below:

Monday: ran 4 in 35:00
Wednesday: ran 8 in 1:12:00
Thursday: ran 7.5 in 1:10:00

For those of you keeping track, the average pace on the Thursday run was 8:37/mile! That is a lot faster than my normal 9:00/mile pace. I'm not sure what is going on, but I'll take it! I read somewhere that to notice a difference in running you just have to keep at it and your time will slowly slowly get better. It seems that it is taking about 4-5 months of consistent training to lose half a minute per mile on my pace. Has anyone else noticed this too? I might just be slower than others :)


Hope everyone is having a good week! Happy running!

6 comments:

  1. Woohoo, congrats on the half way mark AND the improvement in your pace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job!!! u will 100% compete your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are soooo speedy now! Isn't it amazing how fast we can get over time :) Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sarah,
    Congrats on getting faster! See, the more you run the faster and stronger you get:) Just go with it! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on running 500 miles this year - you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWESOME on the miles and the speed.. SOO GREAT! There is a Half in Tacoma we are all doing late september. You should do it!

    ReplyDelete