Monday, May 3, 2010

Half Fanatic #391

Tuesday, April 27: Run 4 miles & fast-walk 3 miles (post-race recovery)
Thursday, April 29: Run 8 miles
Friday, April 30: Run 4 miles
Saturday, May 1: Run 4 miles

Okay, I know....I was a bad blogger last week. As promised, I did keep up my running and post-race recovery, but I was really waiting for something else:


I am officially Half Fanatic #391!!

Yep, after the Bainbridge Island Half Marathon last Sunday and the Whidbey Island Half Marathon on April 11th, I completed their Neptune Moon Level, which is their lowest level to qualify (which is 2 half marathons in 16 days, or 3 within 3 consecutive calendar months). To find out more about how to qualify, click here for their requirements, and click here for a list of all the Half Fanatics.

To enter you have to first qualify with races that the group recognizes, then send them an email answering the following questions:
1. Your Best Hard Core Half Marathon Streak?
2. Half Marathons Run This Year?
3. Lifetime Half Marathons Run To Date?
4. Which States You Have Run A Half Marathon in?
After that, you pay your membership fee, pick out a shirt and you are in!


Luckily I heard the shirts run small, so I ordered a medium and it fits perfectly. The shirt is also of a much heavier fabric than regular tech shirts, which I like. Plus, its a women's cut, so it should fit but not be too snug :)

Also, you gain access to upcoming half marathons that other Fanatics are running in, and your own web page to update your half marathons races. It might sound dorky to some, but to me it is worth it! For me, it is just the motivation I need to keep signing up for races. This was one of my goals, now I can just work on that pesky sub-2 half!

To all of you PNW'ers, has anyone run in the Kirkland Half Marathon? Its this weekend on May 9th. I'm trying to decide if I should do it or not. Yet again, I seem to find the half marathons without the finishers medal! Oh well :)

Are any of you Half Fanatics or Marathon Maniacs??

10 comments:

  1. I guess I am a half marathon fanatic!! I just realized I did two half's in two weeks….YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! That is pretty awesome!!!

    I did part of the Kirkland course during the Kirkland triathalon. It is hilly but you would be fine after Mercer and Whidbey....do it!!! Or Capital City!!! I guess I could do Capital City and be a fanatic too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Half Fanatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool!! I know that you have a sub 2 coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah,
    I love that shirt! I would totally do the half marathon coming up next week:) You can do this and you will get faster...I promise!! I have no doubt that you have a sub 2:00 or less in the works!! What are you waiting for? Have a good one Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats! I should have status after the 16th ... two in two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats fanatic! :) love the shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! I'm hoping to join the ranks after my 3rd 1/2 in June. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete