Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A New PR???

Well, the Kirkland Half Marathon was last Sunday and….


I finally got a sub-2 half marathon!! Wahoo!!! I guess those clovers really were lucky!

Can you tell I’m exhausted excited??

It was one of the most difficult races I have run, but I had it in my head to do a sub 2 half, and I came in just under the mark. It wasn’t pretty, but the recap will have to come later because I am on an impromptu cruise to Alaska (thanks to my awesome boyfriend!!) Recap to come in a week when I have adequate internet reception next week.

Leaving Seatown

We are in Juneau, and off to Sitka, Ketchikan, and Glacier Bay. It has been awesome so far and I even ran a few miles in the gym. We were cruising up to Glacier Bay the past few days, and it was a bit rocky. It wouldn’t have been that bad while sitting or standing, but trying to run on the dreadmill was a bit tough! I probably looked like I was drunk or something. More details to come in a day or so…..but I will leave you of a few pictures from the Oosterdam’s gym:

 Not bad for not taking a day off after the race!

Happy sailing running! Did anyone else run the Kirkland Half? I didn’t see anyone that I recognized. Let me know if you ran it as well!

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the sub-two-hours! That is a huge milestone. Way to be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo, Sarah has a new PR!! See, I told you:) You did so awesome and I am proud of you girl!! You did it! You will be down ever more at the end of the season...you watch:) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew you could do it!! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on an awesome time!!! Enjoy your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOU DID IT! Congrats!!

    Enjoy the cruise. *jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for sub 2!! Now you need a sub 1:55!! I knew Kirkland would be rough! But you did awesome!

    Have fun on your cruise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO!!! Way to go girl!!! Jealous of your cruise how awesome it that!!!

    ReplyDelete