Sunday, May 2, 2010

Whoa Grandma!

While looking at the news this morning, my eyes noticed the words "run" and "marathon" which usually isn't front page news on MSN. The article's headline was "Grandma runs 27 marathons in 27 days." I thought it might be a joke, but it was true!


Meet Rosie Swale Pope, a 67 year old grandmother who just ran 27 marathons in 27 days! The article here describes her month or consecutive marathons across the UK, and how she originally planned on running 26, but decided to do another marathon as her "victory lap." Wow.

"I think the main thing is to show people that they should reach out to do what they want to do.
"Maybe you can't always get there but you should always reach out.
"Although I am actually 63 doing something like this makes me feel as though I am really 36."
After googling Rosie, I came across her website. Apparently she also took 5 years off and literally ran around the world! Here is a picture of her route:


Not only that, but she started her run at the age of 57! Now I'm thinking about getting her book. She is truly an inspiration. Who inspired you today??

2 comments:

  1. That is a great story Sarah! I will have to check out the web page. Happy Monday:)

    ReplyDelete