Saturday, January 2, 2010

Heat wave...

Well, not really, but it was unseasonably warm and beautiful in Seattle. It was 50 degrees and sunny out! An absolutely beautiful day to go for a run. Since it was sunny AND light out, I ran through Belltown and Myrtle Edwards Park on the waterfront. Along the way to Myrtle Edwards, I also run through the Olympic Sculpture Park.


Puget Sound sunset from the park

I have run this route many times before, and it is one of my favorites. There are slight hills, but not too strenuous. The path is also fairly flat, so you have no need to worry about tripping on roots or uneven pavement. The only downside to the park is that it is not well lit, so you would need to run during daylight.

I had thought that the route I took was just over 4.5 miles, and I felt pretty good running it. After getting back home, I noticed that it took me just over an hour (!!) Usually I run a consistent 10 minutes/mile pace, so I was a little shocked at my time. I immediately went to this website to track my course and found that it was a 5.8 mile run! That makes my hour long run a little more satisfying! That was just short of a 10k! Woo hoo!

Guess that just proves that you need to track your course! It can make a huge difference in your pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment