Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just a little 10k

After feeling exhausted and not running on Wednesday, I decided to take a long run. I bundled up and was ready to run 6 miles.

The run felt GREAT. It was one of those runs which you feel strong and that you could go forever. I love this sort of night! My pace was a solid 10 minutes per mile, but considering I ran over 6 miles at that pace (and it was chilly) I'm pleased. I was more worried about injuring my hip again if I ran any faster or further.

After the run I went to Google Ped to peg the exact mileage of my run. I actually ran EXACTLY a 10k (or 6.2 miles)!! My time was exactly 62 minutes, which was what I was aiming for. Not too bad for not running a long distance since the Seattle Half! :)





 Seattle lookout


 
Pre-run gearing up in the car

No comments:

Post a Comment